Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Surgery is set

Well this baby is officially going to be the first surgery of the day on February 23rd. I am not looking forward to another c-section. I know what to expect but it really is nerve wracking. I remember trying not to hyperventilate with Shalon and Wes trying to calm me down. He asked what color her eyes were going to be. I said "blue" very emphatically like duh... anyway... My parents are coming out which will be nice because I'm not sure Wes will be in town. He'll be there for the 23rd but he's been working out of town since before Christmas so he'll probably leave early the next morning.

So far I've been doing fairly well with the diabetes. My numbers are pretty good. I struggle a little in the morning because I am a carb lover and the only thing I really would eat for breakfast with protein are eggs. I am getting sick of eggs. Otherwise I'm pretty good. I do alright staying away from the sweets. I do succumb to a hershey's kiss every now and then but honestly who can really resist chocolate. Let's be honest with ourselves.

3 comments:

zealygirl said...

Hang in there! It sounds like a tough situation and I really admire your abilities to do so well. You're awesome!

SuiKim Friedmann said...

yeah for pictures! I love Shalon's little red dress!

Jensen Family said...

Shalon is very cute! I love her expression in the taco picture with the sour cream on her face. I need your address! Remind me next time I talk to you!