Many of you might wonder... Why haven't you been blogging? Well to be honest it has been a day to day struggle for me to want to get out of bed and take care of my kids let alone keep up on my blog and pretend that everything is good and happy in my life.
Life is interesting... One day you think everything is fine and the next day it completely sucks and you wonder what happened? What happened to the perfect life I thought I should have? What happened to the wonderful summer I had planned? What happened to all my dreams, hopes, and aspirations?
We don't get to choose the trials we go through. Some are caused by our own stupidity and some because of the stupidity aka agency of others. This summer has been a learning experience for me. Definitely not one I would choose or wish upon anyone (well maybe one or two people if I were to be really honest). I am trying to be optimistic but can I just say it's hard and and frustrating not to get what you want? Being given no options but the one you don't want to take?
I have learned how to really pray, to be specific in prayer. I have learned what faith and hope really mean (excellent talk worth reading The Infinite Power of Hope by Pres. Uchtdorf). I have learned what agency really is. I have learned to trust in my Heavenly Father because He won't let me down. I have learned to read my scriptures daily especially with a pen and paper in hand. I have learned to write in a journal to relieve frustration and see how far I've come. I have learned the importance of keeping all the commandments especially the little ones. I am learning patience and that I don't have much.
I love this quote by President Hinckley and feel it is so applicable.
"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."
So going back to blog or not to blog. I will get there and start up again. How soon remains to be seen...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
You put it perfectly...sometimes life DOES suck! A significance part of our life is not only in the trials that are sometimes forced upon us, but by how we respond to those trials. Your demonstration of grace and faith under difficult circumstances is an example to others around you and especially to your beautiful children who will always look up to you. You are stronger than you give yourself credit and I have no doubt that your Heavenly Father will bless you with even more strength when you call upon him. Turn your burdens over to the Lord and let him carry them for a day. And as for getting out of bed....it's totally overrated ;)
I've been wondering how you were doing. I know your life is very difficult right now I can't even begin to imagine . . .but I sure admire your strength and determination to triumph over your trials. I've told you before and I mean it--you are amazing. I love you! Life will get better for you--and I'll pray that it gets better sooner rather than later! Call me if you need to. I'm always willing to listen!
I hope you do blog Wendy! I enjoy being able to see whats going on once in a while! Life is not perfect or always the way you planned and thats hard. But I agree with you. There are always good things to learn from trials. Thats the only way I get through mine. E-mail me if you ever need to talk natalie2502@hotmail.com. You have always been a good example!
Post a Comment