We got to the hospital at 6:45 am. Since it was Sunday morning and we weren't expected they had to call everyone in. The plan was to be in surgery by 8. I was only dilated to a 2 at 7:15, but my contractions were only about a minute apart and were lasting 2 1/2 to 3 minutes so I quickly progressed. My water broke around 7:45 and that sent everyone scrambling. They wanted me in surgery so I didn't have time to pause between contractions as I moved to the gurney.
In the OR the anesthesiologist gave me a spinal tap. My IV blew out when he flushed it so he had to stick in another. The operating room changed a little since I had Shalon. There is now a camera and tv. There was a 20 inch tv by my head so I could watch as they performed surgery. I did watch here and there. The anesthesiologist was really good. He explained what they did while I was watching. Wes videod with our camera.
I had such a large amount of amniotic fluid that even though my water broke and a lot gushed out when the Dr. cut into me it shot a couple feet in the air. We also found out when the Dr. cut me open that because I'd had so much fluid and Cutler had a shorter than average umbilical cord combined with the fact it was wrapped around his shoulder, tore the placenta when my water broke. If I hadn't had a c-section I could have easily bled out before they caught it.
Cutler was born at 8:51 am Sunday February 22nd. He was 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 19 inches long. Shalon absolutely loves him and wants to be wherever he is. We are healthy and happy. I got out of the hospital this afternoon. Cutler is at moderatley high risk for jaundice so we have to go to the Dr. tomorrow to get him checked.









7 comments:
I love the picture of Shalon in Cutler's hospital bassinet and Cutler with that HUGE pacifier in his mouth :) He's so tiny. I'm glad you're doing well. Good luck sunning that baby!
Congrats Wendy!! I hope you recover well and I can't wait to meet that little guy in person next time you come to Oregon!
I still can't get over how tiny he is. Also, I hope, for your sake, that he is always as quiet as he was while I was visiting. :-)
You guys look so great! Congratulations. Now, GO TAKE A NAP! (at least that's all I wanted to do for the first week) (I still take naps...)
So I see you decided on Ryan as a middle name. It is a little more normal than Zeb. Shalon looks absolutely adorable in the pictures. Cutler does too. I'm glad Shalon likes the baby.
Congrats! He is so cute and I love the name. I hope you have a speedy recovery so you can really enjoy him. These newborns are just so much fun! And good luck with the jaundice. We went back at least 7 times. What a pain! The bili lights are not fun, so I'll hope for the best for you!
Congratulations! We are very happy for you all. Glad that things turned out good for you.
Post a Comment