Saturday, June 20, 2009

Never thought it would happen to me...

The latest craze is couponing. I check out people's blogs and see all their great deals and think to myself... wouldn't that be nice. Well a week and a half ago it was me... I went to Albertson's to get some Suddenly Salads because Wes really likes them and they are easy to make... So I had 3 coupons I was going to use and Albertson's had double your coupons. However when I went in the boxes themselves had coupons on them which were way better than the ones I had. So it went something like this...

10 boxes of Suddenly Salad get a $3 discount for buying 10 items= $7 instead of $10
5 coupons buy 2 get $1 off (which were on the boxes of salad)=$5 off
3 Albertson's double coupons=$3 off
and I bought 2.5 lbs of grapes
My total was... drum roll please... $1.64

They paid me to take the boxes of salad. How awesome is that?! So that was on a Saturday. I went back on Monday to see if they had anymore Suddenly Salads (because the sale ends Tuesday and I figured if they weren't gone they were fair game) and did the same thing again, but this time I had a few more items. That total was $5 and change.

June 8, 2009- 2nd Shopping trip

I could get used to this... I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it to buy multiple copies of the Sunday paper to really get couponing. Do you really save all the cost of that and then some?

3 comments:

SuiKim Friedmann said...

That is some seriously awesome couponing! Way to go - super jealous of that deal. I love using coupons when I find them!

Carolyn said...

I love to coupon at Albertsons. I actually don't buy the paper, but end up doing pretty good just doing online coupons. It is pretty common for me to spend like $37 to get $137 of stuff there. Good job!

Caryl said...

Way to be a wiserhimer!!!! More money for play I say! luvya, Aunt Caryl